Wednesday, February 5, 2014

World Wide Web

The future of the Web will see an upgrade in pace.  Faster internet will be inevitable because of the amount of use that's happening every minute of every day.  Google fiber is already making it's way into homes in the rural south and hopefully to the rest of us very soon.

"The Cloud" is another tool that has popped up in the last few years.  It's a god-send for those of us who have tons of information that we need to keep protected on servers far, far away.  Although there are some folks who don't trust the cloud just yet.  Many of my friends still feel safer keeping their files on an external drive, in their home, right next to them.  The cloud is a great idea, but you never know who might be snooping around your stuff.  Especially if the files you have were acquired with less-than-legal methods.  

Ryan Nakashima's recent article, Microsoft CEO to Focus on Mobile, Cloud Technology, focuses on Microsofts big push for mobile/cloud integration.  I have a few friends that currently work for Nokia and the impact Microsoft is making is huge.  There have been many lost jobs and plenty of focus being placed on new mobile technology.  Cloud computing is the future and Microsoft has a chance to come back strong with the right choices.


2 comments:

  1. I agree Microsoft does have a chance to come back strong, and maybe take over. But I know Apple and the rest are not going to allow that to happen. I read that article too I also was surprised Bill Gates stepped down to be a chairman in another position.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think there is/will be alot of skepticism about Cloud computing; some of which I share myself. Howevert I do think big business has already started paving the road of the future here and that the user will be directed to follow the path with little or no options. I

    ReplyDelete