Thursday, January 30, 2014

Introductions: Always ahead of the game


Seeing as though I've introduced myself several times now, you'd think I'd be a natural.  Not the case.  it might have something to do with my grasp of the English language...

My name is Danny.  I have been a long time sufferer of back pain.  Sadly this has left me completely unable to move some days.  Haven't had a debilitating day in a while...so i have that going for me.

On a lighter note...

Courses can integrate Web 2.0 by using the social aspect to encourage discussions.  Rather than talking about topics in class, teachers can have their students post articles/video/pictures/personal experiences so the whole class can get a feel for the information.  The linear method of teaching is becoming less dominant and those teachers who fail to make the transition will find themselves losing students interest.  Steve Mollman's article Web 2.0-Saavy Teachers Testing Old Assumptions talks about how some teachers are putting their lectures on podcasts so the students can listen at home, leaving class time open for hands on activities and labs.  Gaggle.com was created for this purpose, to help kids collaborate and manage files.  21st century skills that will be needed later in life.  Teachertube is another site listed in the article that, like youtube, is ad-supported and is designed to focus on educational clips.

1 comment: